Archive for May 2013
1. Script Updates
- [CB–2849] Fix bin/create when CordovaLib parent dir has a space
- [CB–2788] add ./bin/check_reqs script to iOS
- [CB–3048] Add –arc flag to create script, support arc in template.
2. FileTransfer Updates
- [CB–2537] Implement streaming downloads for FileTransfer
- [CB–2190] Allow FileTransfer uploads/downloads to continue in background
- [CB–1518] Request content length in parallel with download for gzipped content
- [CB–51] Added httpMethod for file transfer options (defaults to POST)
- [CB–2824] Remove DebugConsole plugin
- [CB–3066] Fire onNativeReady from JS, as bridge is available immediately
3. Whitelist Updates
- [CB–3032] Add whitelist support for custom schemes.
- [CB–3067] iOS 5.0 file urls are not passing whitelist due to recent changes
- [CB–2725] Fix www deploy issues with symlinks
- [CB–2732] Only set camera device when allowed.
- [CB–2911] Updated resolveLocalFileSystemURI.
- [CB–2587] Added plugin timing for plugins that are loaded on startup (plugin ‘onload’ attribute)
- [CB–2848] ShowSplashScreenSpinner not used
- [CB–2960] Changing the volume of a sound already playing
- [CB–3021] Can no longer import CDVPlugin.h from plugin Objective-C++ code
- [CB–2698] Fix load detection when pages have redirects.
5. Camera EXIF Updates
- [CB–2902] re-added long/short tags to template dict, fixed subExifIFD offset
- [CB–2896] Multipart exif tags are not written correctly
- [CB–2790] Removed old splice code, replaced with JpegHeaderWriter api calls
- [CB–3039] iOS Exif date length mismtach
- [CB–3052] iOS Exif SubIFD offsets incorrect
6. InAppBrowser Updates
- [CB–3069] Fix InAppBrowser load events (for non-redirecting pages)
- [CB–3295] Send InAppBrowser loadstart events when redirects occur
- [CB–2653] Add InAppBrowser.executeScript() / InAppBrowser.insertCSS API (iOS)
- InAppBrowser: Don’t inject iframe bridge until necessary
- Fix NPE in InAppBrowser’s error callback
Beginning May 1st 2013, apps submitted to the Apple App Store…
Cordova/PhoneGap fulfills requirement (1) since version 2.5.0 and fulfills requirement (2) since version 1.7.0.
But what if my Cordova/PhoneGap app, which I am unwilling to upgrade, needs to be updated and submitted to the App Store?
You will have to manually update and patch your code. It’s not going to be an easy task, and I should warn you that upgrading will be easier. The main changes are to handle the iPhone 5 sized splashscreen, and the code to handle that is only in Cordova/PhoneGap 2.5.0. You can include the iPhone 5 sized asset and this will trigger the app to be the right size, but because of our splashscreen support it needs to match iOS showing the splashscreen after that splashscreen disappears. See our SplashScreen API for more details.
To be doubly sure – select your project icon in the Project Navigator in Xcode, then select the Summary tab. Select your project target then review the App Icons and Launch Images sections – you’ll see if you are missing anything or whether the assets are not the right sizes (denoted by the yellow triangle icon with an exclamation point in it).