Cordova iOS and iOS 7 Support
With the release of Cordova 3.1.0, we added preliminary iOS 7 support, particularly the support of four new UIWebView properties: GapBetweenPages, PageLength, PaginationBreakingMode, and PaginationMode. There is more iOS 7 support added today in the core plugins listed below.
The config.xml parameters HideKeyboardFormAccessoryBar and KeyboardShrinksView also support the new iOS 7 keyboard. However, going forward these two properties have been removed in 3.2.0, and you will need to grab the new keyboard plugin (install using the plugin id org.apache.cordova.keyboard). The decision to remove this functionality into a plugin is so updates and fixes are not tied to a particular core release.
Also, the UIWebView properties stated above (as well as others related) will eventually be put into a plugin and not included in the core, the target for this is the 3.2.0 release.
These core plugins have been updated to support iOS 7:
- org.apache.cordova.splashscreen (offset for status bar)
- org.apache.cordova.camera (note: as of this writing, the fix is in the dev branch)
- org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser (note: as of this writing, the fix is in the dev branch)
- org.apache.cordova.device-motion (note: as of this writing, the fix is in the dev branch)
- org.apache.cordova.media (mic permission support)
- org.apache.cordova.media-capture (mic permission support, ui fixes are in the dev branch)
There is also a new statusbar plugin (install using the plugin id org.apache.cordova.statusbar). This gives you an API to change the status bar to be like it was in iOS 6 (where the status bar does not overlay the webview). The plugin also gives you the ability to control the status bar appearance and visibility.
[UPDATE] The keyboard and statusbar plugin repos have been moved from the plugins branch of the cordova-labs repo to its own repo, cordova-plugins